Classes for Children
Class 1: An introduction to commercial castings.
Age Group: 7yrs – 12yrs
Location: Spotlight Rooms
Time: 10.30am – 1pm (2.5hrs)
Class Size: Limited to 20 children
Cost: £35.00 per child
- Drama Auditions & Commercial Castings – we explain the differences, helping to dispel the mystery and remove the fear from the casting process by explaining what goes on behind the scenes.
- Tips and Techniques / Do’s and Don’ts – We run through a list of valuable tips, techniques & advice on how children should present themselves, pointing out the do’s and don’ts of auditioning for a commercial.
- Idents – the initial stage of a casting where the child introduces themselves to camera and responds to questions. We encourage the children to show us their personality.
- Commercial Scripts – working with commercial scripts in front of a camera. This is then reviewed on-screen whilst each child is given valuable feedback and helpful advice regarding their individual performances. This is crucial as it enables the child to look at what they have done and we can show them where and how to improve.
The practical aspect of the workshop is an invaluable experience.
- Notes – Each student is issued with comprehensive notes from the class to share with their parents and help them to remember the important points for future castings.
- Location: In order to achieve a true commercial casting experience, AFC workshops are held at Spotlight Rooms in the heart of London – This is helpful for the children as they are not intimidated by professional casting studios when they attend future castings. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Class Size: Numbers are limited in order that each student receives individual attention and guaranteed work on-camera.
Children develop a confidence that will stay with them for all future castings and auditions
For Young Adults (12yrs – 16yrs) please CLICK HERE
- Please complete a GROUP BOOKING ENQUIRY FORM to let us know about your requirements. We offer a 10% discount to Agencies and Theatre Schools on group bookings of 10+
- We Can Bring The Workshop To You: If it is more convenient, our workshops can be held at your school or a suitable location close to your school/group base. (Please note that reasonable travel costs will be added if your chosen venue is outside a 10 mile radius from W1.) We can supply all filming and recording equipment but it may be helpful if the school is able to provide a monitor screen for playback. Please complete a GROUP BOOKING ENQUIRY FORM to let us know about your requirements.